You may be wondering what I do with my spare time when I’m not fretting about not writing or if I’m sat around doing nothing at work; there’s a website called Hot Deals UK where people find a deal around the internets and post whatever deal they come across on the website.
It’s basically just an advisory website where you tell people how to get to the deal by putting on a picture of the deal, the URL of where it’s located and a bit of information on what the deal is then people will either rate it hot if it’s a good deal or rate it cold if it’s a shit deal.
A friend at work introduced me to this site and showed me a game he plays with some others, he’ll find a deal somewhere online, a really bad deal, a deal where you know you could get it cheaper elsewhere and then post it on this site and see how many people will rate it cold and leave snarky comments or who rate it hot and show themselves for being the idiots they are.
The idea is to post a couple of actual decent deals so people don’t just think you’re there to piss around then try and post some duds; unfortunately things haven’t been going that well for me as everything I post on there people seem to love. I did however get a poor response from one I posted today and the first one I ever posted also actually did badly, it’s so much fun watching it get colder and colder. Maybe I just need to get out more but there’s not much else to do in your spare time at work apart from go to the pub and that shit costs money.
I’ll show you the ones I’ve posted along with the links so you can read the comments, usually if you want a good deal on something post it on there and someone will actually find it cheaper if possible elsewhere because they have less of a life than I do…
– My first post, you can easily find this for less than £50. Located Here
– Not long after this I logged into the site and changed the voucher code so they’d get quite a bit more money off than 55% because I’m a right dick head. 😉 Located Here
– The fact that people actually voted this up makes me wonder whether they’ve all recently lost pets too… Or are a fan of inflatable animals. Located Here
– Can’t beat a good bargain on some bin bags. Located Here
– This was rated much higher than this, I didn’t even think it’d get posted or someone would mark it as spam but I guess people love a good tampon. Located Here
– Approved Food is a website that sells out of date food for cheap, no wonder why this one was rated down quickly. Still, out of date pasta can only taste as good as in date stuff. Located Here
– Bare this in mind for future Valentines gifts. Also works for birthdays and anniversaries. Located Here
– Posted this today, already such a poor response. Guess there aren’t many midgets wanting to be Spiderman 😦 Located Here
Obviously my mate at work is a pro at this as you’ll see below, the fact that he plays the idiot in the comments section is brilliant also.